Thursday, May 13, 2010

Learning curve

I thought I would use all the time I've got on my hands to update my blog. It's been a century since I've even thought about blogs. I've spent some time lately catching up on my friends' blogs and reading some new ones. Very entertaining and informative.




Plus I've got this snazzy new netbook (very small laptop) that I'm loving and has given me the opportunity to surf the web (do people still say that?) from the comfort of my bed.


So, here is why I've been in bed so much and "needed" a new laptop in the first place.


These are my constant companions. My friend has even named the walker "Ethel". I hate Ethel!!
I broken my leg (the top of my femur known as the femoral neck) while running a 1/2 marathon in Dallas. I only made it to mile 8. I got in an ambulance and went to the hospital at mile 8. When the ER doc told me it was broken I said, "No it's not. Let me see the x-ray!!". I did apologize to him later because of course he is perfectly capable of reading an x-ray and what do I know. Long story short, I spent about a week in the hospital / rehab center in Dallas. My sweet husband came to stay with me. Kyle's parents kept Maggie and my sister kept Molly for 2 weeks. I really really really really missed my kids during that time!!
I know I'm supposed to learn something from this whole experience. And I'm sure it's more than just learning to use crutches. I have experienced what the Body of Christ is really all about. I have someone at my house 5 days a week. People do my laundry. Happily. People bring us meals. Others unload my dishwasher. Others bathe my kids. It is amazing how The Body has stepped up and given incredible service to my family. Maybe I'm supposed to learn how to accept help graciously.



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I was shocked when I saw on my reader this morning that you had a blog post! Could it be? Is that really Kelly on her blog? By golly it was! Welcome back to the blog world!!