At 2am I hear Molly screaming. This is a rather normal occurance at our house. It has been several months since Molly actually slept through a whole night without waking us up.
So I slowly make my way to her room, but need a pit stop at the potty first. As luck would have it the screaming stops. GLORY! I go back to bed. Fifteen minutes later the screaming starts again. BUMMER! I grab my walker and make my way down the hall.
Now let's pause and ask ourselves, "Where is Kyle?". He isn't in the bed. As the night goes on and he doesn't appear, I figure he has taken much needed refuge in the guest room downstairs and is safely out of earshot of all the screaming.
I finally get to Molly, am rocking her and the screaming has stopped.
She coughs a little. Then a little more. Then vomits. Uhg! And what do I do but put my hand under her chin to catch it.
This may have been one of the dumbest things I've done in a while.
Because now what do I do?
I have a broken leg.
I use my hands to walk.
But my hand is covered in vomit.
I can't walk.
Did I mention my hand was covered in vomit??
Sometimes I really hate motherhood.
So, using my forearm to lift my body, I hop to the bathroom to wash my hand and wash Molly. It was really gross. And the whole time Molly is screaming.
Long story short she pukes many more times, but I'm smart about it now. I've learned my lesson! I use towels to catch the puke and leave a lovely smelling pile of laundry for my husband to find in the morning. (The sweet man actually started the laundry before leaving for work!!)
So that was my night. I'll tell you about the poop disater that happened this morning some other time.
2 comments:
Oh my - Motherhood is oh so "glamorous" isn't it?! Hope she gets to feeling better soon
Ha ha ha ha. So sorry that happened to you, but the image of you with vomit in your hand is really hilarious!! The things we do for our children...
Post a Comment